Monday, September 8, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays Sept. 8th ~ 14th


Well I survived the Birthday weekend and I have to say, it was great although I did spend 3 days cooking and baking for it! Still it was well worth all the effort! On Saturday we had a lovely time with friends and all of the kids so it was a great catch up with lots of good company and tons of great food! As I posted on last week's meal plan we had Burgers and I made a giant batch of Coleslaw for everyone as it also disappears so fast. There were so many other salads that had been made (Pasta Salad, Bean Salad, Tomato & Cucumber Salad) as well as lots of fresh, local Corn on the Cob and roasted potatoes and vegetables! It was a true feast and it was finished off with lots of Cupcakes (Vanilla & Mint Chocolate), Top Hats, Krispie Cakes and 3 delicious cheesecakes! You certainly can't complain about that!! The weather was absolutely beautiful and it really was just a perfect party.


For Sunday's meal we went in a totally different direction from our usual family get together's where we will often have a roast, and instead I made a giant Indian Feast (well it was giant in my eyes!) I tried updating last week's plan but I'm having editing issues so here goes..... To start we had Vegetable Pakoras with Dips & Chutneys (I bought the Pakoras). For the main course I made 5 curries.... Chicken Korma; Chicken Bhuna; Lamb Kofta Curry; Pork Vindaloo and a Lentil Dhal. They were served with Basmati Rice, Naan Bread & Poppadoms and then I made a selection of Chutneys and Dips - Fresh Coriander Chutney, Coriander & Coconut Chutney, Raita, Fresh Tomato & Onion Salad and of course some Mango Chutney which I bought! Needless to say our plates were overflowing, All of the recipes were courtesy of The Hairy Bikers' Great Curries book (other than the Chicken Bhuna which came from their second Hairy Dieters Book) and they were all fantastic so you can probably expect a review soon! Another bonus to making so much is that we have so much left over! I was hoping for some but definitely have more than I anticipated so we will definitely be enjoying it for a couple of evenings this week, making this week's meal plan really easy! So besides curries what else are we eating? Well since tonight is Scott's actual Birthday we are going to have one more special meal so it has to be a good steak. I'm going to make a creamy, mushroom sauce to go with it along with a nice salad and perhaps some potato wedges for an extra treat. The rest of the week is a variety of left overs and what I have in the fridge and freezer and as usual since I don't know what our plans are for the weekend they are undecided at this point!

So there you have it! Have a great week everyone with family, friends and of course, lots of good food! x

 Monday September 8th - 14th

                                  Monday  -       Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce, Potato Wedges & Salad
                                  Tuesday -        Leftover Curry      
                                  Wednesday -   Leftover Curry
                                  Thursday -       Ricotta Fritters
                                  Friday -           Slow Cooker Tomato & Sausage Pasta (first time using my SC!!)
                                  Saturday -       TBD
                                  Sunday -         TBD but possibly Porchetta....
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...