Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Favourite Fruit Smoothie


In the warmer months I can never resist making this delicious smoothie for a quick and healthy breakfast or snack. It takes no time at all to make and is a huge hit with everyone in the family and of course is super healthy – I love it! By using frozen berries (which you can buy year round) you get a wonderfully thick almost sorbet like smoothie that is icy cold and really refreshing as well as completely satisfying. You just can't go wrong with this!

Serves 2-3 happily {easily doubled}

2 cups frozen mixed berries* (such as strawberries; raspberries; blackberries & blueberries)
1 cup frozen or fresh mango, cubes
1 banana
½ cup fruit juice
½ cup plain natural yogurt

Simply put all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz up until smooth and everything is well mixed, then pour into glasses and enjoy. That easy!

*If you have fresh fruit by all means use that, just add some ice to the blender when you add all of the other ingredients.



10 comments:

  1. Mmm, I need to experiment with mango in my smoothies :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks so delicious!! Buy big, cube and freeze? Like the sound of that. My favourite is much plainer - Banana, Pear & Yoghurt, often with grape but just the other day I added melon (which I never normally like) and it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I have those same glasses! :) I love the addition of mango into your smoothie, it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous smoothie recipe, this looks absolutely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I love that, too. Do it now once in a while ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just my kind of snack and breakfast. I actually prefer the frozen because of the coldness and added texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! My mom used to make me a similar smoothie before school. Love this version!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh! This smoothie is a great way for you to start your day! It looks delicious and healthy with its mixed berries and mango. Since berries have antioxidants, you will get a healthy dose of immunity boosters for your active everyday life. This recipe is also easy to do, so you don’t have to spend too much time preparing for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i could do with this right now to give me an energy boost
    please take a look at my blog

    xxx
    Peaches

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...