Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sweet Heat # 5


There's nothing like a great sports game on TV to make you want to get together with a group of friends to watch the game and of course eat some fantastic Game Food, and there is no better excuse for this than America's Super Bowl!

To be perfectly honest I'm not a huge sports fan.....I grew up watching and enjoying Rugby so that's about as far as it goes for me, however being married to a Canadian means whether I like it or not there is always a lot of hockey on TV as well! However what I do love about such big sporting events is the parties that accompany them and more importantly the food! You definitely need a great feast to be enjoyed with the game and of course a beer or two.

So since this month is the Super Bowl and the start of the 6 Nations Rugby Tournament (and of course the continuance of hockey and football (or soccer!) season!) I decided the theme for this month's Sweet Heat challenge is.....(cue cheer leading squad!)..... Game Food! That means anything you fancy eating whilst watching a big game will work as long as it is spicy! Chicken wings, Jalapeno poppers or even a big batch of Chilli all fit the bill perfectly, so why not invite some friends over, chill some drinks, make some spicy snacks and cheer for your team! And of course if you aren't a sports lover there's nothing wrong with inviting some friends over and getting out the Cards, Cranium or if you're in the mood....a little Twister!

The usual rules apply but just in case you have forgotten them or are new to Sweet Heat, here they are......

  • You must mention Sweet Heat in your post with a link back to this site. You are more than welcome to also include the Sweet Heat Logo on your post but it's not mandatory.

  • To submit your entry you can either use the Blog Hop below following the simple instructions or.......

  • Send your post url, your name and a photo of your creation to
  • You can create your own recipe or make your favourite recipe but please credit the original source if using someone else's.

  • You can enter as many times as you like!

  • Your entry must include chillies of some description after all that is what this challenge is all about!

  • If you tweet your recipe use the hashtag #sweetheat and tag me @LyndseyFleenor and I will re-tweet it!

This month you have until February 26th to enter, so what are you waiting for? Let the Games Begin!!!


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe we're onto Challenge #5 already - time's gone by so fast I've only managed to enter one so far! No problems with this one - we eat hot wings once a week every week in our house and are in the process of perfecting the ultimate recipe, now I have the incentive needed to finish it and get it posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - it's crazy!!! Yes for the chicken wings - I love them so I'm excited about your ultimate recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea! It's going to be great joining you guys for this challenge. I already know what I am going to do :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! Delighted to have you on board and I can't wait to see what you make : )

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...